Photography by  May Chung

BUDGETING FOR A GUCCI BAG
What I’m Wearing
Oversized Tee – Pink Uzi* (similar here)
Heels – Ego* (click here)
Handbag – Gucci (click here)
Sunglasses – Glam Club  (coming soon)



I've had my eye on a certain bag for a long time but I've never been able to afford it. Blogging is glamorous but like I've said before, pay can be uncertain. Like a lot of bloggers you may see who have endless supplies of designer bags and clothes, some do just live at home and spend all of their money on designer goodies. However, for me I live at home still but I'm saving towards moving out and getting a house which is killer to the bank balance.

You have to try and figure out a way of budgeting that works for you, if you really want it there is always a way. Sometimes that may be the option of buying second hand and sometimes second hand is just as good as the real thing but it can work out to be a lot cheaper. There are websites like Vestiaire Collective which is a great online luxury resale store for pre-owned fashion. I know a couple of my friends who have found their dream bags on the website and not had had to fork out full price!

Another top tip is saving up and waiting to buy your designer goody when going through the airport. Obviously it depends if the airport has your brand in the first place but you can get really good deals in duty free.

For me it was a case of having a separate bank account where every so often I could add some money to the Gucci fund. It's a slow and painful process but you will get there eventually. Trust me, it feels incredible to have paid for something you worked so hard for.

No matter how much you earn budgeting should always be a part of your life as it helps in the long run, especially when it comes to wanting to splash some cash on a new designer piece. Once all the important payments are out of the way you can then put aside some money for your next piece.

What pieces are you guys eyeing up?