I often have people asking me about how I started my blog and how they could do it. I love helping people whenever I can when it comes to tips on blogging. So the biggest thing I think I could do is to talk about my journey on starting my blog and how you can go about starting your own. 

I started my blog in 2014 after graduating from university with a degree in fashion design. I started to do internships in the fashion industry and it soon came to my attention that it wasn't for me and I started to work on my blog at the weekends. I always had a massive interest in fashion and had always dressed different, looking past trends and dressing for myself.

When thinking about starting your own blog I think the most important thing to do is to think what separates you from all other bloggers? What is your niche? I think this can really be make or break for some bloggers. When a brand looks at you what are they going to want from you over another blogger?

Quality over quantity. I've always taken pride in each and every blog post that I've uploaded on my blog from the writing to the photography. If I've written a blog post and then I don't like the photos for some reason then I won't put the blog post up because I want it to be the best. I think this is one of the only ways to be successful in anything you do. 

My blog runs on Blogger which I find super easy to use. It is pretty self explanatory when it comes to working it and where to post your blog posts. When it comes to what your blog looks like there are countless websites where you can buy your blog layouts from. Pipdig was the first place I went to for a blog layout as I saw many other people had cute layouts done by them. If you see a blog where you like the layout if you scroll to the bottom in small writing it will normally say who made it. Another great place to find layouts is Etsy! Just either search Blogger or Wordpress layout and you'll be amazed.

At the end of the day to start a blog you don't need much. You don't even need a laptop really, Blogger has a mobile app too! You don't need a fancy camera, you can easily work up to it as you start your blogging career. My iPhone camera can take amazing photos with the correct lighting. Write for yourself. If you're like me and don't just want to write about one subject then don't! Write what you want. You don't have to just be a fashion blogger. You can write about travel, beauty and lifestyle if you want. 

I love writing about these kinds of topics and if you guys have anything else you want to know about blogging then please leave me a comment below!