Some of you may not know it about me but I am half Persian. When I was younger I would travel back to Iran in the Easter school breaks and see my family and spend long weeks in this foreign place that was like nothing I had seen before. When I was younger I took it all for granted and didn't realise how amazing it could be to have such a strong culture part of you. I used to stay in the house with my cousins and play video games and wait for the dial up internet connection to work. If it didn't I'd make my parents take me to a hotel where they could drink coffee and I could go on the internet for an hour to talk to my friends back in England. 

It's been a couple of years since I last visited and so much has changed. It saddens me greatly when I tell people I was travelling to Iran and people would gasp and make sure to tell me to be safe. When in fact I would probably be safer in Iran than going into London for the day. Iran to other people is some dangerous foreign land which the media has built up for them, but to me it is beautiful. It has some of the most beautiful architecture I have ever seen. The food is amazing and you will find that you don't really stop eating for the whole trip. Especially when there are flaming hot Cheetos around.

If you are ever planning on visiting Iran then I would 100% recommend Esfahan. Whenever I come to Iran this is where we stay as it's where my family are based. We stayed in the Abbasi Hotel, it is one of the oldest hotels in the World and was built 300 years ago at the time of King Sultan Husayn of Safavid. The rooms surround a beautiful gardens in the middle filled with fountains and flowers and the walls are covered with the most beautiful and vivid paintings. In the mornings you can hear the call the prayer which is one of the most magical things.

It's a moments walk from the Naqsh-e Jahan Square which is now an important historical site, and one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. It's also referred to as the Shah Square or Imam Square. The Shah Mosque is situated on the South side of the square. One the west side is the Ali Qapu Palace. Sheikh Lotf Allah Mosque is situated on the eastern side of this square and at the northern side Keisaria gate opens into the Isfahan Grand Bazaar. In the Bazaar you can get the most beautiful jewellery - it's one of my palaces to go!
Just an hours drive out of Esfahan we headed to Rezvan Park to visit my Grandad's grave. It is in the most beautiful location surrounded by massive mountains and desert. It's hard not think that you're in Arizona. 

British Airways has asked me to write about my 'Favourite Holiday Moment' for a blog post. For me, the whole trip was my favourite holiday moment. Being able to soak in my culture and spend time with my family who I don't get to see very often. Eating amazing food and seeing some amazing sites. I have only spoke about Esfahan but if you go to the South you have the most beautiful sea and sun, if you go to the North then you can get beautiful mountains and snow where people go to ski! Be ready to come back x10 bigger after you get addicted to kebab and vanilla milkshakes because I know I did! I really think Iran is a place that everyone needs to go to in their lifetime. It is like another world and nothing you have ever seen before. It will be a complete culture shock but the best one at that. You need to allow yourself to soak in the culture and everything Iran has to offer.